This article provides a brief overview of the steps to be followed when an error occurs while accessing the labs part of our courses.
- Make sure you are using Google Chrome to access the labs. Our users have had more success using Google Chrome than any other browser.
- Check if your firewall or proxy is preventing the connection to the labs.
- Clear the cache and cookies and try loading again.
- Check your internet connection. Internet connection dropping or network with low speed can cause labs to end abruptly. You must have a stable internet connection with good speed.
6. Check for error messages in your browser console.
- Try to open the labs in your browser
- Right-click on the page and select Inspect
- Select Console in the window that opens and share a screenshot of the message you see there with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Troubleshooting Lab Terminal Connection Closed Issues
This article below provides a brief overview of the steps to be followed as diagnostics when there is problem accessing the labs - specifically "Connection Closed" error or issue
Please go through the following steps for diagnosing the problem at your end .
- What is the number of occurrences of this issue you have faced ? How often is this happening?
If this issue occurs only once or twice this could be due to temporary maintenance downtime. Please check after 30 mins to see if the issue persists.
If this is a regular occurrence? If so, please proceed to following steps:
- Is this a browser specific issue ? If so, please try with different browsers.
- Please try to access with different machine - to isolate if the issue is specific to the system you use.
- Please disable any extensions on the browser that might interfere with the labs connection.
- Please try the labs in "INCOGNITO MODE"
- Please check for any existing security protocols setup in your system that might interfere with the labs connection or websockets .
- Please check if your browser supports websocket . You can test using the following service: https://www.websocket.org/echo.html
- Please check if you office or home network or any VPN settings is blocking the connection to the labs.
- Is this the same for all labs or specific lab?